White Biotechnology Market Size Worth $ 472.3 Billion By 2025 | CAGR: 8.9%
Published Date : 15 / 10 / 18 | Report Format: PDF
The global white biotechnology market is expected to grow at growth rate of 8.9% to reach USD 472.3 billion by 2025.
Industrial applications of biotechnology hold many promises for sustainable development. Branch of biotechnology that “uses living cells-from enzymes, yeast, plants, and bacteria to synthesize novel products that offer advantages such as less energy consumption, easily degradable and create less waste during production” is referred as White Biotechnology. The industry is regarded as Applied Biocatalysis, with microorganisms and enzymes, aiming at industrial production from bulk chemicals to food animal feed and food ingredients. Development of this industry is, at present, driven by the growing acceptance of new technology trends such as bioprocess modeling and metabolic modeling. Furthermore, growing awareness regarding environmental and functional benefits of using biofuel is predicted to be the major driver for the market growth. However, end-users in developing and undeveloped regions are less aware of the functional benefits of white biotechnology-based products and the harmful effects of greenhouse gas emission related to non-bio-based products. Such factors would, in turn, pull back the industry growth to some extent.
- In terms of products, biofuel captured significant revenue share in 2017 owing to the associated advantages such as reduction in greenhouse gas emission, biodegradability, low level of pollutant release, performance efficiency and less toxicity
- Algae is used as a key source to extract a variety of biofuels suitable for different industrial applications. First generation biofuels are conventionally extracted from maize, sugar, plant oils, and starch, which include ethanol, biodiesel, biogas, syngas, and biofuel gasoline etc.
- Whereas, solid biofuels primarily include biochar and pellet fuel, and gas biofuels comprise syngas, biogas, and bio propane.
- Whereas, increasing demand to reduce the industrial production cost and the raw material cost is the major driving factor for the growth of the biochemical market. These products find extensive commercial application in personal care products, food, coating, textiles etc.
- This industry is already bringing many innovations in the field of chemical, textile, food, packaging, and healthcare industries. Application wise, pharmaceutical ingredient segment is growing with the fastest growth rate.
- Pharmaceutical industries are increasingly employing white biotechnology in order to develop active pharmaceutical ingredients (API), antibodies, and other complex biomolecules
- Europe is considered to be the second largest market of the global white biotechnology industry. Growing environmental awareness in European countries such as France, Germany, UK, Spain, and Italy has generated substantial demand for products obtained using white biotechnology.
- On the other hand, the presence of crude oil makes it hard for white biotechnology companies to venture into the Middle East and Africa market
- Key players namely BioAmber, BASF, Codexis, Amyris, Deinove, Evolva, Metabolic Explorer, Novozymes, and Solazyme are profiled extensively
- BASF launched a project called PRODIAS with a focus on industrial biotechnology to manufacture goods more efficiently. The project is handled by a consortium, which includes other companies and has a contribution of 10 million euros from the European Union. The core of the project is to adopt separation techniques to the needs of white biotechnology products. This gives BASF an edge over the other players.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- The report presents macro and micro-level outlook regarding the industry. Thus, it becomes easy for our clients to perceive the business landscape and take a glimpse of their own standing in it.
- Thorough analysis of relevant statistical data to estimate the market paradigms
- Exceptional understanding of region and country specific markets. The report will answer some of the toughest questions regarding the market shares, sizes, forecasts, and growth specific to the countries.
- Well-designed strategic framework analyzes the market movements including regional expansion, mergers & acquisitions, and new product developments
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- Industrial Enzymes
MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- Food & Feed Additive
- Pharmaceutical Ingredients
- Personal Care
- Household Products
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy and Reliability
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience something similar.