Water and Wastewater Treatment Market Size Worth USD 670.7 Billion By 2025 | CAGR: 3.8%
Published Date : 26 / 10 / 18 | Report Format: PDF
The global water and wastewater treatment market is expected to grow at growth rate of 3.8% to reach USD 670.7 billion by 2025.
Soaring demand for high-quality water from industrial and residential sectors is expected to drive the growth of water and wastewater treatment market. This is justified by the recent facts on public spending on water resources and utilities. As per the Safe Drinking Water Foundation, public spending on infrastructure including the water resources, transportation and utilities such as sewage and wastewater treatment has increased by 44% between 2003 and 2014, whereas the total government spending on maintenance of utilities and capital operations increased by 1-2% since 1990.
Increasing industrialization is also contributing to the growing demand for water treatment facilities. For example, food and beverage industry are growing significantly across the globe. The food and beverage manufacturers utilize high volumes of water for sanitization purposes which are further discarded. The discharged water is liable to meet the stringent regulations of government, thus increasing the need for wastewater treatment.
Furthermore, evolving technologies have been gaining increasing proliferation thereby resulting in the increasing practice of reusing water which has, in turn, contributed to the industry growth. For instance, in 2010, Aquatech International LLC supplied Wastewater Ultrafiltration 500 GPM; Potable Ultrafiltration 300 GPM; Reverse Osmosis 60 GPM; and Forced Circulation Crystallizer; which led to Zero Liquid Discharge to the Colusa Generating Station plant in the U.S. Such factors would, in turn, support the market growth to great extent. Wastewater treatment technologies help reduce environmental impacts in the treated water, however overall it creates life cycle impacts mainly through energy consumption or greenhouse gas emission, pulling back the industry growth to some level. Based on our analysis, we analyzed that at present, the market is at its nascent stage with enormous potential to grow. There is a great necessity to preserve and recycle the wastewater worldwide which indicates great market prospects ahead.
- In terms of types, the industry is divided as technology, chemical and equipment & services. Of these, equipment & services accounted for the major chunk of the industry revenue throughout the forecast period.
- The technology category is considered to be the second fastest growing segment. Among the different technologies, flocculation, Nano-filtration, ultraviolet, disinfection, and reverse osmosis is at emerging phase owing to its lower energy consumption.
- Furthermore, the emergence of mechanical, aquatic and terrestrial treatment technologies provide a strong platform for growth of technology segment
- Geographically, North America captured a 19.23% share of the global market in 2017. In the U.S., the Detroit Water and Sewerage Department operates one of the largest waste and wastewater treatment plants.
- Whereas, the Asia Pacific is anticipated to show strong growth over the forecast period. This region presents potential opportunities for this industry due to favorable government initiatives
- Also, Infrastructure investments in Asian countries, mainly India, China, and Southeast Asia are projected to aid in the development of this market
- Companies namely WAMGROUP S.p.A., Degremont, Calgon Carbon, 3M Purification, Danaher Corporation, Aquatech International LLC, and Siemens are actively operating in this industry
- Key players are forming strategic partnerships with regional/local players and providing technical expertise for industrial wastewater technologies in sectors including pulp & paper and oil & gas
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- The report presents macro and micro-level outlook regarding the industry. Thus, it becomes easy for our clients to perceive the business landscape and take a glimpse of their own standing in it.
- Thorough analysis of relevant statistical data to estimate the market paradigms
- Exceptional understanding of region and country specific markets. The report will answer some of the toughest questions regarding the market shares, sizes, forecasts, and growth specific to the countries.
- Well-designed strategic framework analyzes the market movements including regional expansion, mergers & acquisitions, and new product developments
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY TYPES
- Equipment & Services
MARKET, BY END USE
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy and Reliability
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience something similar.