Thin Film Semiconductor (TFS) Deposition Market Size Worth USD 23.2 Billion by 2025 | CAGR: 15.1%
Published Date : July 2019 | Report Code: AV320 | Report Format: PDF
The thin film semiconductor deposition market is expected to grow at CAGR of 15.1% to reach USD 23.2 billion by 2025.
Thin Film Semiconductor (TFS) foils are made from artificial semiconductor material. Its thickness varies and can measures up to nanometers or millimeters. The demand for TFS has increased owing to plethora of benefits such as lightweight, higher efficiency, flexibility in shape and less space consumption as compared to conventional silicon (c-Si). The growth of this next-generation technology receives impetus from the need of circuit miniaturization, growing demands of the sensor in the household equipment, smartphone industry and aircraft. Surging demand for thin film solar panel, flexible electronics, batteries, and the flexible display is further augmenting the industry growth.
Technological breakthroughs in consumer technologies like the emergence of 3D televisions, Ultra High Definition, and hybrid laptops leverage the strong demand for integrated circuits. This will also bring positive growth in the market for TFS deposition. Growing demand for high-end memory devices like NAND, 3D, and DRAM will further support this technology growth. On the flip side, huge initial investment for setting up manufacturing facility for TFS coupled with high cost of raw materials pull back the industry growth to some extent.
- Deposition technology segment is categorized into chemical vapor deposition (CVD), physical vapor deposition (PVD) and others. CVD segment has the highest revenue share owing to rising demand for this technique in semiconductor and electronics manufacturing.
- Also, its extensive use in photovoltaic technology, easier manufacturing process, and low cost of manufacturing support the growing demand during the study period
- Physical vapor deposition segment is shaped by the growing demand for durable and reliable coatings in medical equipment
- Rising need for highly sophisticated surface related properties like electronic, catalytic, optical, magnetic, and super-plasticity through advanced mono-structured coating will further contribute the segment growth.
- Application wise, the industry is divided as consumer electronics, communication, industrial, automotive, and data processing. Of these, electronics segment is growing with the fastest CAGR.
- The demand of TFS in this application is projected to accelerate in the near future in applications such as dynamic random-access memory, microprocessors, wearable technologies, and solar photovoltaic panel.
- Asia Pacific emerged as the largest revenue generating region owing to the presence of a large number of consumers and electronic equipment manufacturers. China has the largest revenue contribution in APAC.
- Regional growth is closely followed by Europe and North America. These regions invests heavily on solar power coupled with electronic giants are setting up manufacturing facilities which support the market development to great extent.
- Tokyo Electron Limited, Applied Materials, Shin-Etsu Chemical Co Limited and Lam Research are contributing large revenue to the global market growth
- Other renowned companies in the world are Hitachi Kokusai Electric Inc., AIXTRON SE, CVD Equipment Corporation, Sumco Corporation, IHI Hauzer Techno Coating B.V. and Oerlikon Balzers
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT
- The report presents a macro and micro-level outlook regarding the industry. Thus, it becomes easy for our clients to perceive the business landscape and take a glimpse of their own standing in it.
- A thorough analysis of relevant statistical data to estimate the market paradigms
- Exceptional understanding of region and country-specific markets. The report will answer some of the toughest questions regarding the market shares, sizes, forecasts, and growth specific to the countries.
- Well-designed strategic framework analyzes the market movements including regional expansion, mergers & acquisitions, and new product developments
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD)
- Physical Vapor Deposition (PVD)
MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- Consumer Electronics
- Data Processing
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- The U.S.
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- The Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy and Reliability
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience something similar.