Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension Market Size Worth 8.23 Billion By 2025 | CAGR: 5.6%
Published Date : 20 / 07 / 18 | Report Format: PDF
The global Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension market is expected to grow at growth rate of 5.6% to reach USD 8.23 billion by 2025.
According to the World Health Organization, Pulmonary arterial hypertension is a debilitating condition, characterized by the elevated pulmonary vascular resistance and pulmonary arterial pressure. The condition may lead to the failure of right ventricular or patient’s death. PAH can be hereditable, idiopathic, or associated with conditions such as congenital heart disease, connective tissue disease, hypertension, and HIV infection. PAH is categorized under rare disease as the prevalence of PAH is very low, with an estimated prevalence of around 15 to 50 cases per million population. However, the prevalence of this disorder is increasing during the past few years owing to the risk factors such as smoking, tobacco consumption, sedentary lifestyle, and other idiopathic conditions.
The market for Pulmonary Arterial Hypertension is primarily driven by the favorable government initiatives for the development of orphan drugs. The government provides benefits in terms of enhanced patent protection term, tax incentives etc. Rare Disease Act 2002 and The Orphan Drug Act (ODA) 1983 are the two important acts which facilitate the distribution and ethical usage of orphan therapeutics. For instance, The ODA facilitates tax credits up to 50.0% of overall research cost, protocol assistance, waiver in U.S. FDA fees and clinical tax incentives. This fact would, in turn, encourage key players to invest in this industry, augmenting the market growth to great extent.
Furthermore, growing awareness coupled with a well-planned reimbursement structure resulted in superlative diagnosis rate for PAH conditions across the globe, driving the industry growth. However, patent expiry of blockbuster therapeutics pulls back the industry growth to some extent. For instance, PAH drugs such as Uptravi (2023), Orenitram (2024), and Opsumit are expired in near future.
- Drug class is divided as Soluble Guanylyl Cyclase (SGC) Stimulators, Prostacyclin and Analogs, Phosphodiesterase-5, and Endothelin receptor antagonist (ERA). Of these, ERA dominated the PAH market with a substantial share of over 40% throughout the forecast period.
- There are currently three approved ERA drugs namely Ambrisentan (Letairis in the U.S. from Gilead and Volibris in ex-US from GSK), Bosentan (Tracleer from Actelion), and Macitentan (Opsumit from Actelion).
- Tracleer and Opsumit target both the ETB and ETA receptors, whereas Volibris/Letairis targets only the ETA receptor. The cumulative sales from both drugs are projected to decline marginally in a future period.
- On another hand, drugs targeting the prostacyclin pathway accounted for over 40% revenue share of the global industry in 2017.
- Companies such as GlaxoSmithKline, Pfizer, Inc., Bayer, Novartis, and Merck are some of the key players in the global market. Key players are actively engaged in expanding their presence in the potential market through strategic initiatives.
- For instance, in January 2016, Actelion Pharmaceuticals announced the commercial availability of Uptravi (Slelximab) in the U.S., which was previously approved in December 2015. This has helped the company to strengthen its leadership in PAH portfolio.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- In-depth analysis of the key market dynamics
- Granular analysis of the current market scenario and expected factors to affect the market
- Detailed analysis of the geographic region, regional and county wise analysis
- Highlight on the strategies that are being adopted by the key players in this market to stay competitive
- Extensive analysis of the key players dominating the market
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY DRUG CLASS
- Prostacyclin and Analogs
- Soluble Guanylyl Cyclase (SGC) Stimulators
- Endothelin receptor antagonist (ERA)
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy and Reliability
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience with something similar.