Parenteral Nutrition Market Size Worth USD 7.86 Billion By 2025 | CAGR: 6.1%
Published Date : 28 / 09 / 18 | Report Format: PDF
The global parenteral nutrition market is expected to grow at growth rate of 6.1% to reach USD 7.86 billion by 2025.
Parenteral nutrition is a sterile solution that contains macronutrient as well as a micronutrient. It helps in the administration of key vital nutrients that enables to maintain the energy, strength and hydration level of the patients. PN is aimed to meet the individual’s nutritional needs, maintain body mass, organ function and immune-competence, thereby maximizing recovery potential. Rising premature births unswervingly influences the uptake of parenteral nutrition across the globe. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), around 15 million babies are born preterm globally every year and the number is increasing at a constant rate. As of 2016, the premature birth rate of the U.S. is about 9.6% and the government authorities are working towards reducing it to 8.1%, stated by the National Center for Healthcare Statistics.
Parenteral nutrition diminishes the risk of infection and underdevelopment and also it leads to faster neurological development, and minimized risk of complications, thereby improving their chances for survival. Furthermore, increasing efforts are being taken by the NGOs and various healthcare federations to curb the progress of undernourished children is expected to boost the uptake of parenteral nutrition. For instance, to educate and raise awareness regarding malnutrition among patients and health care providers, the American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (ASPEN) has launched the Malnutrition Awareness Week. However, increasing use of enteral nutrition coupled with product shortage pulls back the industry growth to some extent.
- Among the nutrient type, single dose amino acid solution accounted for the highest share of the global market. ProSol (20%) (Baxter), Trophamine (10%) (B Braun) and Travasol (10%) (Baxter) are some of the amino acid compositions offered by key players.
- Parenteral lipid emulsion is projected to grow with the highest growth rate of 6.7% during the forecast period. Growing demand for this product as a cardio-protective agent, as an antidote for local anesthetic systemic toxicity (LAST), and vehicle for the administration of other medications support the growth.
- Nutrilipid, Intralipid, and Liposyn are the few product examples under this category. Among which, Intralipid became a popular brand name for lipid emulsion, offered by Baxter, due to its increased use.
- North America and Europe dominated the global industry with more than 75% revenue share in 2017. Increasing penetration of key players in these regions support the market growth. For instance, Fresenius doubled its production capacity in Spain in December 2015, which has resulted in increased production of infusion solutions.
- Companies such as Fresenius Kabi AG, Baxter International, Inc., B. Braun Melsungen AG, Pfizer, Inc., and Allergan Plc are operating in this industry.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- The report presents macro and micro-level outlook regarding the industry. Thus, it becomes easy for our clients to perceive the business landscape and take a glimpse of their own standing in it.
- Thorough analysis of relevant statistical data to estimate the market paradigms
- Exceptional understanding of region and country specific markets. The report will answer some of the toughest questions regarding the market shares, sizes, forecasts, segmentation, and growth specific to the countries.
- Well-designed strategic framework analyzes the market movements including regional expansion, mergers & acquisitions, and new product developments
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY NUTRIENT TYPE
- Parenteral Lipid Emulsion
- Trace Elements
- Single Dose Amino Acid Solution
- Vitamins & Minerals
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy and Reliability
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience something similar.