Nonalcoholic Steatotic Hepatitis (NASH) Market Size Worth $2.29 Billion By 2025 | CAGR: 25.2%
Published Date : 28 / 07 / 18 | Report Format: PDF
The global Nonalcoholic Steatotic Hepatitis (NASH) market is expected to grow at growth rate of 25.2% to reach USD 2.29 billion by 2025.
Nonalcoholic steatotic hepatitis (NASH) is the most prevalent form of a progressive liver disease condition. Patients suffering from this condition have often had problems including type 2 diabetes, obesity, and cardiovascular diseases. Also, this condition is the major reason for severe complications such as cirrhosis. Nonalcoholic steatotic hepatitis treatment is considered to be an effective method to prevent NASH progression to cirrhosis. Rising prevalence of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) drives market growth significantly. For instance, the National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (NHANES) recently found that around 30% of NAFLD prevalence is registered in the U.S.
Furthermore, as per the National Institutes of Health (NIH), the prevalence of hepatocellular carcinoma and alcoholic fatty liver is increasing, affecting more than 50 million populations worldwide. Such factors are anticipated to surge in NASH prevalence, driving the market growth. In addition, favorable government initiatives pertaining to the development of this disease drugs support industry growth. For example, the NASH Education Program and Paediatric NAFLD/NASH Program (GENFIT) were started by various organizations in order to address unmet needs related to NASH. On the other side, identification of NASH is difficult and currently, liver biopsy is only procedure available to identify the difference between NASH and NAFLD.
- Serum biomarkers segment held the largest share of the global market, accounted for more than 40% share. Benefits such as its ability to distinguish simple steatosis from NASH offers a competitive advantage over other product segments.
- On contrary, hepatic fibrosis biomarkers are expected to grow with the highest growth rate due to rising interest of companies to invest in this product.
- However, poorly suited regulatory and reimbursement guidelines pose as a threat to the global market
- Depending upon applications, the pharmaceutical industry accounted for the highest revenue share and is expected to grow with the highest CAGR over the study period
- Growing obese populations coupled with rising diabetic patients in developed regions such as North America and Europe support the regional growth
- Companies such as Allergan, Intercept, Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc., Prometheus Laboratories Inc., Galmed Pharmaceuticals, Gilead Sciences, Enzo Biochem, Inc., and Quest Diagnostic are the key players in this market
- The competitive rivalry is high. Key players are acquiring small companies to strengthen their market position. For example, Allergan is heavily investing in R&D activities to develop a new treatment for NASH
- With the acquisitions of Akarna Therapeutics, Ltd. (AKN-083) and Tobira Therapeutics (Cenicriviroc (CVC) and Evogliptin), the company has further strengthened its market position
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- Understanding of the strategies that are being adopted by the key players in this market to stay competitive
- Extensive analysis of the key players dominating the competitive landscape of this market
- In-depth analysis of the key factors are propelling the growth of the global market
- Detailed analysis of the geographic region that will witness the strongest growth
- Granular analysis of the current market scenario and the expected market grow
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY TYPES
- Serums biomarkers
- Hepatic fibrosis biomarkers
- Oxidative stress biomarkers
- Apoptosis biomarkers
MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- Academic Institutes
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of the World
MARKET, BY COUNTRY
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
Tailor Made Solutions
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy And Reliability
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience something similar.