Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) Market Size Worth $30.4 Billion By 2025 | CAGR: 7.5%
Published Date : 15 / 05 / 18 | Report Format: PDF
The global Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) market is expected to grow at growth rate of 7.5% to reach USD 30.4 billion by 2025.
Menopause is a natural inevitable event, defined as the final menstrual period. It requires a retrospective clinical diagnosis with ethnic and regional variations. Hormonal replacement therapies (HRT) play an important role in relieving the symptoms of perimenopause and menopause. This therapy can be categorized into Oestrogen-alone HRT, cyclical HRT, continuous combined therapy (CCT), and long cycle HRT. It can be given transdermally (through the skin), orally (tablets), vaginally or subcutaneously (a long-lasting implant). Combination or in a systematic form which includes the application of drugs through patches, gels, and pills are considered to be the most preferred option of hormone therapy. The rise in a number of women in menopausal age, growing patient awareness, and the emergence of innovative drug delivery systems are driving the industry growth significantly. According to the statistics provided by the American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, around 6,000 women reach menopause on a daily basis. This number is equivalent to about two million women annually in the U.S. alone.
However, availability of alternative treatment options would, in turn, hamper the market growth to some extent. For instance, antidepressants, antiseizure and blood pressure medications are sometimes used for the relief of menopausal symptoms. The high cost of products is also considered to be one of the major restraining factors for the market growth. For example, Pfizer, Inc. increased the price of its anticonvulsant Dilantin, hormone therapy Menest by around 20%.
- Estrogen replacement therapy recorded USD 9.58 billion and is expected to soar owing to the approval of new products by the U.S. FDA
- Thyroid replacement therapy is likely to be the lowest revenue generating segment and is also expected to register slowest growth rate in terms of value
- Parenteral route of administration recorded the highest share of the global market owing to its associated benefits
- Of the diseased segment, hypothyroidism is considered to be the lowest revenue generating segment
- North America accounted the highest share, 41.67% of the total market owing to the rising hormonal disorders
- Companies such as Amgen, Inc., Novo Nordisk, Eli Lily, Abbott, and Genentech are profiled. These key companies are enduring various mergers and acquisitions to expand their presence by reaching untapped areas in and outside the country.
- The industry experience a high level of competition. In such fragmented landscape, key companies are collaborating with small scale or large scale player to expand their product offering and market presence.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- In-depth analysis of the key market dynamics
- Granular analysis of the current market scenario and expected factors to affect the market
- Detailed analysis of the geographic region, regional and county wise analysis
- Highlight on the strategies that are being adopted by the key players in this market to stay competitive
- Extensive analysis of the key players dominating the market
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY REPLACEMENT THERAPY
- Human Growth Hormone
MARKET, BY ROUTE OF ADMINISTRATION
MARKET, BY DISEASE
- Male Hypogonadism
- Growth Hormone Deficiency
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy and Reliability
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience with something similar.