Fondaparinux Market Size Worth USD 580.6 Million by 2025 | CAGR: 6.4%
Published Date : July 2019 | Report Code: AV333 | Report Format: PDF
The global fondaparinux market is expected to grow at CAGR of 6.4% to reach USD 580.6 billion by 2025.
Fondaparinux is a synthetic anticoagulant, chemically related to the low molecular weight polymeric glycosaminoglycan heparins. The drug is majorly indicated to prevent venous thromboembolism, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, unstable angina and in management of myocardial infarction. The drug’s associated benefits such as fast onset, high bioavailability, less adverse reactions and long half-life will make it to replace the potential anticoagulant drug, heparin. Conditions such as cerebral infarction, myocardial infarction, and atrial fibrillation are related to thrombosis and require antithrombotic such as fondaparinux.
In addition, increasing cardiovascular disease cases will stimulate the product demand. As per the World Health Organization (WHO), cardiovascular disease is the biggest killer claiming nearly 17.9 million death globally in 2016. One of the factors that will also drive the market growth is the increase in the number of hip and knee surgeries. Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) Health Statistics 2017 stated that on an average the cases of hip replacement increased 30% from the year 2000 to 2015. Anticoagulants are also provided to geriatric populations due to a number of complications that could arise due to age-related diseases, supporting the industry growth. However, high cost of this drug thwarts its extensive usage globally. One of the major reasons for its high price is complex manufacturing process the drug has to go through.
- Types segment is divided into branded and generics. Generic category captures significant revenue and is available as injectable blood thinner, popularly known as Arixtra.
- From an application perspective generally the drug is used in hospitals, clinics, ambulances, home care set ups and diagnostic facilities across the healthcare set up.
- An increase in the number of cancer and cardiovascular patients in North America is considered to be one of the reasons why this region has the leading users of the drug Fondaparinux
- Countries such as France, Japan, and Spain have adopted policies that promote the use of these generic drugs as there is better control over the pricing for these as compared to branded products
- Manufacturers covered under the report scope are Alchemia Ltd., GlaxoSmithKline Plc, Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories, Abbott Laboratories, Inc., ScinoPharm Taiwan Ltd., Apotex, Inc., Lupin Pharmaceuticals and Aurobindo Pharma
- Companies are engaged in new product introduction and merger & acquisitions to attract large customer base in this consolidated industry. Recently, in December 2017, Aurobindo Pharma received US FDA approval of Fondaparinux Sodium injection
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- The report presents a macro and micro-level outlook regarding the industry. Thus, it becomes easy for our clients to perceive the business landscape and take a glimpse of their own standing in it.
- A thorough analysis of relevant statistical data to estimate the market paradigms
- Exceptional understanding of region and country-specific markets. The report will answer some of the toughest questions regarding the market shares, sizes, forecasts, and growth specific to the countries.
- Well-designed strategic framework analyzes the market movements including regional expansion, mergers & acquisitions, and new product developments
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY TYPE
MARKET, BY END USE
- Ambulatory Surgical Centers
- Diagnostic Centers
- Home Care Settings
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy and Reliability
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience something similar.