Defoamers Market Size Worth USD 4.45 Billion By 2025 | CAGR: 4.5%
Published Date : 13 / 09/ 17 | Report Format: PDF
The global defoamers market is expected to grow at growth rate of 4.5% to reach USD 4.45 billion by 2025.
Formation of foam is one of the most common challenges faced during the industrial processes. Foam is developed due to the dispersion of gas in a liquid medium. However, the foam stability can be changed by altering surface tension, surface area, temperature, viscosity, pH and concentration. For this purpose, defoamers are used widely which can destroy existing foam by destabilizing it. The distinct surface energy of water, mineral oil, naphthenic oil, and paraffinic oil allows their usage as defoamers. These products are manufactured using silicone compounds, mineral oil, vegetable oil, wax, ethylene glycol, and propylene glycol. Growing demand for various applications coupled with rising usage in water treatment infrastructure drives the market growth. However, regulatory authorities such as the U.S. FDA, and European Commission have enacted several laws to regulate the composition of defoamers which has limited the use of various components in the formulation. This factor would, in turn, hamper industry growth.
- Of the different products, the silicone-based defoamer segment is accounted for the highest revenue share. In 2017, this segment has captured over 40% share of the global market.
- However, usage of water-based products has increased significantly over the past few years owing to its ability to control the foam and rising popularity in various applications. Water-based defoamers use water as the carrier and contain 75% to 90% water. They exist in the form of aqueous emulsions, containing water-insoluble liquid hydrocarbon, solid fatty acid dimamide, hydrophobic silica particles, and non-ionic silica particles.
- Defoamers for pulp & paper accounted for the highest revenue share, i.e. 27% in 2017. These products are extensively used in pulp & paper-producing mills to reduce operational costs. This industry is one of the most energy consuming field across the world. Thus, reduction of operating costs becomes a key focus of pulp & paper manufacturers, driving the product demand.
- Use of defoamers in paints and agrochemicals is increasing during the past few years. These products are used in the formulation of several agrochemicals including fertilizers and pesticides.
- Agrochemical formulations create foam owing to the use of various types of surfactants and spray tank agitation systems. Moreover, foam formation can take place during field application.
- Key players such as Ashland, Dow Corning, BASF SE, Eastman Chemical, Wacker Chemie, Eastman Chemical, and Bluestar Silicones are profiled extensively based on attributes such as company overview, financial highlight, SWOT analysis, and recent initiatives.
- It is noted that various companies have integrated operations across the supply chain. Raw material manufacturers have entered into defoamers production. Thus, a significant extent of integration has intensified the industry rivalry.
- Meanwhile, established players are actively engaged in developing products that are catered to the specific applications. For instance, American chemical manufacturer, Air Products and Chemicals, Inc., has developed a new range of defoamers, implemented with the advanced technology of foam stabilization.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- The report presents macro and micro-level outlook regarding the industry. Thus, it becomes easy for our clients to perceive the business landscape and take a glimpse of their own standing in it.
- Thorough analysis of relevant statistical data to estimate the market paradigms
- Exceptional understanding of region and country specific markets. The report will answer some of the toughest questions regarding the market shares, sizes, forecast, and growth specific to the countries.
- Well-designed strategic framework analyzes the market movements including regional expansion, mergers & acquisitions, and new product developments
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY PRODUCT
MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- Pulp & Paper
- Water Treatment
- Food & Beverages
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy and Reliability
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience something similar.