Published Date : 08 / 10 / 18 | Report Format: PDF
Collagen is a structural protein, found in human’s muscle, bone, tendons, and skin. Endogenous collagen is primarily synthesized by the human body. Whereas, an exogenous type is a synthetic form, used for the cosmetic and medical purpose. Increasing research and development activities by key players have expanded end-use applications of collagen solutions. Growing number of applications of this product in cell culture, tissue engineering, biomaterials, cosmetic and wellness products and food & beverages industries support market growth significantly. Furthermore, the presence of a strong consumer base with high purchasing power is expected to drive the premium product demand in developed regions, driving the industry growth. However, the presence of stringent regulations enforced by regulatory bodies such as the Food & Drug Administration (FDA) for the production of high-quality collagen products pulls back the industry growth to some extent. In addition, the social and cultural beliefs associated with the consumption of animal-based products, especially in countries such as India, act as a challenge for the growth of collagen market.
- Depending upon products, the hydrolyzed product is anticipated to grow with the fastest growth rate (i.e. 7.2% CAGR during 2017-2025) due to rising demand for this product in cosmetics formulations.
- Of the different applications, food & beverages are considered to be the major contributor to the gelatin and hydrolyzed collagen as it is an essential protein for the human body and has multiple nutritional and health benefits
- Food & beverages industry broadly covers collagen applications into sports nutrition, bakery products, and dietary supplements
- Collagen-based cosmetics can be categorized into skincare, haircare, and personal care products. Demand for collagen-based cosmetics for skincare and wellness products has witnessed an upsurge in recent years owing to the anti-aging and cell repair characteristics of this product
- Regionally, Europe captured the highest share (i.e. 37.23% in 2017) of the global collagen industry owing to the rising demand for premium quality collagen for the production of tissue and bone reconstruction patches
- Increasing efforts from government agencies for research and development pertaining to collagen products coupled with the presence of a well-established meat processing industry support the Asia Pacific region to grow with the fastest growth rate of 8.1% during the forecast period.
- Companies such as Cologenesis HealthCare Products Pvt. Ltd., Croda International Pvt. Ltd., Xiamen Yiyu Biological Technology Co. Ltd, PAN-Biotech GmbH, Nitta Gelatin Holdings, Inc., Rousselot BV, Advanced BioMatrix, Inc., and Shanghai Al-Amin Biotech Co., Ltd. are profiled in detail.
- Price differentiation forms an important part of the business strategy of the key players operating in this market. The price of the collagen varies in accordance with the price of the raw materials in the region.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- The report presents macro and micro-level outlook regarding the industry. Thus, it becomes easy for our clients to perceive the business landscape and take a glimpse of their own standing in it.
- Thorough analysis of relevant statistical data to estimate the market paradigms
- Exceptional understanding of region and country specific markets. The report will answer some of the toughest questions regarding the market shares, sizes, forecasts, segmentation, and growth specific to the countries.
- Well-designed strategic framework analyzes the market movements including regional expansion, mergers & acquisitions, and new product developments
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY SOURCE
MARKET, BY PRODUCT
MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- Food & Beverages
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Data Accuracy and Reliability
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience something similar.