Cholera Vaccines Market Size Worth $1.36 Billion By 2025 | CAGR: 10.3%
Published Date : 27 / 09 / 17 | Report Format: PDF
The global Cholera Vaccines market is expected to grow at the growth rate of 10.3% to reach USD 1,367.8 million by 2025.
As per the World Health Organization (WHO), approximately 172 454 cholera cased were reported from a total of 42 countries in 2015 and this number is projected to increase during the coming years. Similarly, the Health for Life Foundation stated that more than 4 million cholera cases are registered every year and it causes around 30,000 to 142,000 deaths yearly across the globe. Thereby, the rising number of people affected with cholera is one of the potential driver for the market growth. Furthermore, the growth of this market is supported by increasing research and development activities, a growing number of companies investing in this industry coupled with strong clinical pipelines. For instance, PaxVax, Inc. has a pediatric cholera vaccine in phase IV clinical study that is expected to approve shortly by the U.S. FDA. Further, in June 2016, the company received regulatory approval for Vaxchora, PaxVax, Inc.’s single-dose oral cholera vaccine. This product was the only available vaccine indicated for the protection against cholera in the U.S. Such approvals would, in turn, augment the market growth significantly. However, high treatment cost will pull back the market growth to some extent. For instance, as per the various research studies, cost of protection against conditions such as cholera is more than USD 7 per fully immunized person. Of these, 90% of the cost is for the vaccination.
- Based on different products, Dukoral and Shanchol accounted for the majority share of the global revenue. In 2017, over 80% revenue share was captured by these two products collectively.
- Dukoral is a monovalent inactivated vaccine, composed of Killed whole-cells of V. cholerae O1 and recombinant B-subunit of cholera toxin. This vaccine is manufactured by SBL Vaccin AB, Sweden and Crucell, Leiden, The Netherlands
- Dukoral was the first oral cholera vaccine to get approval in the European Union (EU) during the year 2004
- Whereas, Shanchol is a bivalent inactivated vaccine, composed of Killed whole cells of V. cholerae O1 and V. cholerae O139. This vaccine is developed by Shantha Biotechnics (India) and Sanofi
- Regionally, the demand for cholera vaccine is anticipated to increase in regions such as Africa, Asia and some part of America. According to the World Health Organization data (2014), there were around 55%, 30% and 15% increase in cholera cases in regions such as Africa, Asia, and America respectively.
- Companies namely Pfizer, Inc., Merck & Co., GlaxoSmithKline, Sanofi, and Novartis are actively operating in this industry.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- The report presents a macro and micro-level outlook regarding the industry. Thus, it becomes easy for our clients to perceive the business landscape and take a glimpse of their own standing in it.
- A thorough analysis of relevant statistical data to estimate the market paradigms
- Exceptional understanding of the region and country-specific markets. The report will answer some of the toughest questions regarding the market shares, sizes, forecasts segmentation, and growth specific to the countries.
- Well-designed strategic framework analyzes the market movements including regional expansion, mergers & acquisitions, and new product developments
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY PRODUCTS
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
Tailor Made Solutions
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy And Reliablity
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience with something similar.