Blood Culture Test Market Size Worth $6.3 Billion By 2025 | CAGR: 8.1%
Published Date : 08 / 03 / 18 | Report Format: PDF
The global blood culture test market is expected to grow at growth rate of 8.1% to reach USD 6,354 million by 2025.
Blood culture test is a routine laboratory checkup that performs to detect a presence of infection-causing microorganisms, i.e. yeast, bacterial and other foreign microorganisms, in the bloodstream. Physician suggests this test in various suspected disease conditions such as Pneumonia, sepsis, enteric fever, kidney infections, meningitis, and others. Advancement in technologies coupled with the introduction of novel testing techniques supports the development of this industry. For example, Vivione Biosciences developed RAPID-B, proprietary diagnostic test for bacteria detection. This technique offers accurate, cost-effective and fast detection of bacteria from the blood sample compared to the other available screening methods. Such innovative and effective use of medical technology has the potential to reduce the burden of chronic diseases significantly through better clinical outcome, early diagnosis, and shorter recovery time. Hence, kind of advancements would, in turn, establish a healthy platform for the market growth. Other factors such as growing demand for rapid diagnostic techniques, aging population, and increasing bloodstream infections foster the industry growth. However, high cost and stringent regulations pull back the market growth to some extent.
- Consumables segment is further classified into Media, Assay kits and reagents, and Accessories. Among which, blood culture media segment is projected to grow with a double digit growth rate in the foreseeable future.
- Instrument segment covers laboratory equipment and automated blood culture systems. Laboratory equipment such as colony counters, incubators, gram strainers, microscopes, and other are considered during the study
- Hospitals accounted for the largest revenue generating share and is anticipated to dominate the market over the future period
- Regionally, the global industry is dominated by the developed regions such as North America and Europe market, accounted for more than 70% revenue share collectively
- Rising incidence of infectious diseases coupled with the increasing demand for advanced blood testing techniques supports the regional growth
- On contrary, regions such as the Middle East and Africa accounted for the lowest revenue throughout the study period
- Existing healthcare infrastructure, especially in rural areas, is inadequate to meet the ever-growing needs of blood testing in Middle East and African countries
- Along with the infrastructure and medical professionals, this region needs to be supported by technology advancements in order to solve unmet needs in this field
- The global blood culture test market demonstrates a highly fragmented and competitive structure owing to the presence of a large number of key players
- Companies namely bioMérieux, Abbott, Thermo Fisher Scientific, Alere, and Bruker are studied. New developments coupled with increasing investment in research and development activities are considered to be the topmost priority of these key player to sustain their leading market position.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- In-depth analysis of the key market dynamics
- Granular analysis of the current market scenario and expected factors to affect the industry
- Detailed analysis at regional and country level
- Highlight on the strategies that are being adopted by the key players to stay competitive
- Extensive analysis of the key players dominating the market
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY PRODUCT
- Laboratory Equipment
- Automated Blood Culture
- Assay kits and Reagents
MARKET, BY TECHNIQUE
MARKET, BY TECHNOLOGY
MARKET, BY APPLICATION
- Fungal Infections
- Bacterial Infections
MARKET, BY END USE
- Reference Laboratories
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
Tailor Made Solutions
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy And Reliablity
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience with something similar.