Anxiety Disorders Treatment Market Size Worth $18.2 Billion By 2025 | CAGR: 2.2%
Published Date : 25 / 07 / 17 | Report Format: PDF
The global anxiety disorder therapeutics market is expected to grow at growth rate of 2.2% to reach USD 18,234 million by 2025.
According to the World Health Organization (WHO), depression is the second-leading cause of disabilities, affecting more than 300 million populations across the globe. Thus, increasing prevalence of anxiety disorders such as depression has boosted the demand for effective treatment options, augmenting the market growth. Furthermore, raising awareness campaigns regarding anxiety disorders by the government or non-government bodies drive the industry growth. For instance, Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA) started initiative named “BreaktheStigma”. This initiative is focused on raising awareness about anxiety and depression.
Other factors such as new product developments and a growing number of companies investing in this market augment the growth significantly. However, patent expiry of major drugs has slow down the industry development since the last couple of years. For instance, Eli Lilly’s duloxetine delayed-release capsule (i.e. Cymbalta) for depression treatment has lost patent exclusivity in 2014. Owing to this, the revenue was declined significantly during the same period. In 2014, the company posted USD 1,614.7 million sales from Cymbalta, around 63% decrease compared to the previous year (USD 5,084.4 in 2014).
- Of the drug category, Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs) and Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs) achieved the highest revenue share. In 2017, these segments recorded more than 60% revenue share collectively. The boost in demand for anxiety therapeutics coupled with the rising in a number of companies investing to develop new anxiety drugs drives the market revenue.
- The study further includes a detailed analysis of top-selling anxiety therapeutics such as Abilify, Cymbalta, Lyrica, Vyvanse among others.
- On contrary, anxiety therapies are growing with the highest CAGR of 3.7% owing to high efficiency in treating anxiety-related disorders and rising demand in developed regions such as North America and Europe
- Of the different therapies, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulator and Fischer Wallace Stimulator are the largest revenue-generating segment, recorded over USD 1,500 million revenue collectively throughout the study period.
- In terms of indications, Major Depressive Disorder (MDD), and Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD) amounted to the largest revenue generating segment. MDD indicative anxiety problem is one of the highest affected condition among the young population.
- The industry is fragmented in nature. Companies such as Eli Lily and Company, Pfizer, Inc., AstraZeneca plc, H. Lundbeck and GlaxoSmithKline plc are leading players in this industry, accounted for more than 60% share of the global market revenue.
- Strategic initiatives to expand their presence in developing regions coupled with a huge investment in research activities to develop effective therapeutics or therapies helped these players to sustain in this market.
- For instance, in September 2016, Pfizer, Inc. introduced “Moodivator” app to help encourage, motivate and support people with depression. This app includes simple features such as goal setting and mood tracking that leverage best principle in managing depression
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- The report presents a macro and micro-level outlook regarding the industry. Thus, it becomes easy for our clients to perceive the business landscape and take a glimpse of their own standing in it.
- A thorough analysis of relevant statistical data to estimate the market paradigms
- Exceptional understanding of region and country-specific markets. The report will answer some of the toughest questions regarding the market shares, sizes, forecasts segmentations, and growth specific to the countries.
- Well-designed strategic framework analyzes the market movements including regional expansion, mergers & acquisitions, and new product developments
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY DRUG CATEGORY
- Selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitors (SSRIs)
- Tricyclic Antidepressants (TCAs)
- Serotonin-Norepinephrine Reuptake Inhibitors (SNRIs)
- Monoamine oxidase inhibitors (MAOIs)
MARKET, BY THERAPY
- Transcranial Magnetic Stimulator
- Electroconvulsive Therapy (ECT)
- Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT)
- Fischer Wallace Stimulator
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
Tailor Made Solutions
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy And Reliablity
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience with something similar.