Published Date : 09 / 05 / 18 | Report Format: PDF
Rising prevalence of infectious and chronic diseases drive the market growth to great extent. For example, according to the Epidemiology & Community Health Research, infectious diseases remain one of the most important causes of mortality and morbidity across the globe. This would, in turn, increase the demand for antibiotics, driving the market growth. In addition, rising approval of novel and effective antibiotics by government organizations drive the market growth. For example, in February 2015, AstraZeneca’s Ceftazidime-avibactam (Avycaz) was approved by the U.S. FDA for the treatment of complicated intra-abdominal (cIAI) infections. Similarly, in May 2014, the U.S. FDA approved Dalbavancin (Dalvance) for the treatment of acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections. All such factors, along with, rising geriatric population, advancement in technologies, and increasing demand for effective therapeutics are driving the industry demand. However, stringent regulatory policies, high research and development cost and growing concern over antibiotic overuse are likely to hamper the market growth over the future period.
- Of the different inhibitor types, cell wall synthesis segment accounted for the highest share of the total market. In 2017, the segment captured around 42% share and is projected to dominate the industry.
- RNA segment is projected to grow with the highest growth rate and is pegged to register a 6.2% CAGR in terms of value.
- Drug class is categorized into Cephalosporin, Fluoroquinolones, Macrolides, Carbapenems, Penicillin, Aminoglycosides, and other. Among which, cephalosporin is the highest revenue generating segment throughout the study period.
- Geographically, Asia Pacific region is accounted for the largest share. Whereas, regions such as North America and European countries are growing with the strong growth rate during the foreseeable future.
- Novartis AG, Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, Inc., GlaxoSmithKline, Bayer AG, and AstraZeneca are profiled in detail with the attributes such as company overview, financial performance, and key developments.
- Strategic collaborations are one of the most important strategies adopted by key players to expand their presence. For instance, in November 2017, Melinta Therapeutics, Inc. privately held novel broad-spectrum antibiotics developer, acquired the Medicines Company. This acquisition has helped Melinta to expand its product portfolio by addition Medicines’ marketed products such as Orbactiv (oritavancin), Vabomere (vaborbactam/meropenem), and Minocin IV (minocycline).
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT
- In-depth analysis of the key market dynamics
- Granular analysis of the current market scenario and expected factors to affect the market
- Detailed analysis of the geographic region, regional and county wise analysis
- Highlight on the strategies that are being adopted by the key players in this market to stay competitive
- Extensive analysis of the key players dominating the market
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY INHIBITOR TYPE
- Protein Synthesis Inhibitors
- Cell Wall Synthesis Inhibitors
- DNA Synthesis Inhibitors
- RNA Synthesis Inhibitors
MARKET, BY DRUG CLASS
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
Data Accuracy and Reliability
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience with something similar.