Active Pharmaceutical Ingredient Market Size Worth $243.8 Billion By 2025 | CAGR: 6.0%
Published Date : 13 / 05 / 18 | Report Format: PDF
The global active pharmaceutical ingredient market is expected to grow at growth rate of 6.0% to reach USD 243.8 billion by 2025.
The rise in the number of patents expiry, growing number of biological drugs in development, robust drug candidates in the pipeline, and increasing generic competition for achieving cost efficiency augmenting significant demand for the active pharmaceutical ingredient. In addition, key players are also securing long-term supply agreements to manufacture active pharmaceutical ingredients and new drug products. For which, these players are partnering with generic drug companies to grow the company’s extensive portfolio of generic API’s. For instance, In 2016 Pfizer aggressively acquired and partnered with Astra Zeneca, Watson Health, Medivation, Bamboo Therapeutics, Anacor, and Adaptive Biotechnologies in order to expand its product portfolio. Such facts would, in turn, establish a healthy platform for industry growth.
- In terms of manufacturer, the market is divided into captive and merchant. Captive segment captured more than 55% share of the global active pharmaceutical ingredient market.
- Synthesis segment is categorized as synthetic and biologic. The synthetic segment accounted for a major chunk of the industry revenue throughout the study period.
- Drug type category is divided into generic and branded. The generic segment is growing with the highest growth rate over the study period.
- In terms of therapeutic area, the market is divided into Cardiovascular, Metabolic, CNS, Oncology, Musculoskeletal, NSAIDS, and others. Of these, the cardiovascular segment recorded USD 40.23 billion in 2016 and is anticipated to dominate the global market. Increasing incidences of cardiovascular disease have helped this segment to capture significant revenue share.
- Companies namely Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Teva Pharmaceuticals. Pfizer, Inc, Novartis AG, Cambrex Corporation, Lonza Group, and Mylan N.V. are actively operating in this industry.
- Teva Pharmaceuticals accounted for the highest revenue share of the global API market with more than 300 API products under the offering
- Teva is exploring both organic as well as corporate development initiatives to achieve a leadership position in this industry, including the acquisition of Rimsa, a Mexico based leading pharmaceutical company in March 2016.
KEY BENEFITS OF THE REPORT:
- Understanding of the strategies that are being adopted by the key players in this market to stay competitive
- Extensive analysis of the key players dominating the competitive landscape of this market
- In-depth analysis of the key factors are propelling the growth of the global market
- Detailed analysis of the geographic region that will witness the strongest growth
- Granular analysis of the current market scenario and the expected market grow
The scope of this report covers the market by its major segments, which include as follows:
MARKET, BY MANUFACTURER
MARKET, BY SYNTHESIS
MARKET, BY DRUG TYPE
MARKET, BY THERAPEUTIC AREA
MARKET, BY REGION
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- Rest of the World
- Middle East and Africa
- Latin America
We strive to become one of the trusted partner of our client by offering value added services and concrete research data.
Tailor Made Solutions
From single reports and data downloads to enterprise subscriptions to custom consultancy, we can base our precise solutions round our client’s exact needs.
Our analyst aims to provide research studies in quickest turnaround time and in a much cost effective manner.
Data Accuracy And Reliability
We utilize a mix of primary, secondary research, and machine learning algorithms to generate accurate and comprehensive data about market size and revenue forecasts.
We offer most competitive pricing policy across the research industry
Why Choose Us
We devise research report with quality data:
Combined with an in-depth knowledge of the current industry and a sharp analytical mind, AnalystView serve our customer accurate research in accordance with a constantly evolving industry.
We work with businesses just like yours:
AnalystView committed to making a positive difference for our clients. This means whatever you demand, chances are we already have experience something similar.